Visiting Scholar Program
We invite members of the RTB Scholar Community to apply for participation in the Visiting Scholar program. Qualified candidates share our commitment to engage in reputable scholarship and to actively share the gospel of Jesus Christ with STEMM professionals.
Visiting Scholars come to RTB headquarters (in person or virtually) and enter into an extended collaboration with RTB’s staff scholars. These strategic scholar-evangelists use their own expertise to engage in various projects to add depth and scope to the ministry’s resources.
Find more about the program below.
- Scholar Community Member
- PhD or equivalent
- Desire to engage in a deeper collaboration with RTB and help us develop new resources in your area of expertise
- Have the heart of an evangelist who actively shares their faith (or wants to improve their efforts to share their faith) with STEMM-trained/influenced seekers and Christians
- Hold personal beliefs consistent with RTB’s Mission & Beliefs, as well as the Chicago Statements on Inerrancy and Hermeneutics
- Practice life behaviors consistent with RTB’s standard of conduct, including displaying virtuous character traits consistent with 1 Peter 3:15–16
- Contribute to the Voices blog on RTB’s website
- Record podcasts and videos on various topics of interest
- Make a guest appearance on our 28:19 television show
- Participate in a speaking engagement with our staff
- Have the opportunity to consult directly with RTB scholars about areas of science-faith research that interest you
- Enjoy a 1- or 2-week visit to RTB’s headquarters in Covina, CA
- Stay in our fully furnished, 1,683-square-foot townhome just a few miles from RTB headquarters*
- Receive reimbursement for travel and food expenses
- Use a fully furnished office at RTB headquarters
- Build relationships with RTB scholars and staff
- Grow in your understanding of Christian apologetics and apply it to your discipline
- Have your own Visiting Scholar page on the RTB website
*For those unable to visit in person, we also offer 2- and 4-week virtual visit options.
If you would like more information about the Visiting Scholar Program, please contact our Scholar Community Coordinator.